Saturday, December 15, 2012

windows-8-huh!!!


Was sitting at that night when got this “so called” windows 8 dvd in hand. Tried to install it..but…yikes!!  It needs key at the first sight.
I’d used so many versions of windows, but no one was this much creepy…it enforces buy before you use it policy. Damn!! I was stuck. Searching internet for fake keys on and on, but nothing worked. Closed my lappy and went to sleep.
Next day it was a challenge. Windows 8 was needed to be install in an urge. Same night around 11, opened my lappy and straightforwardly start searching internet for possible solutions of the problem I was facing and ahh!! their came the divine light from “ei.cfg”. A so called file that was their with earlier versions of windows but is missing in windows 8.  That was just great!!!
I copied the ISO file’s content onto my hard drive. Opened one of my favorite windows software “The Notepad” and wrote those one of the most beautiful 6 lines:
[EditionID]
Core
[Channel]
Retail
[VL]
0
and placed the file (my beautiful creation) to the Sources folder.
So good as of now. But the another bigger challenge was waiting for me anxiously. It attacked with both hands when I was to burn the content back to the disk. The puzzle was, how would I now, from the file extracted from ISO, create the bootable disk again?
But Yada! Yada! Yada! the force was with me. Deployment and Imaging Tool I then admired it one of the men’s beautiful creation. You just have to type few commands and rest the tool does the heavy lifting for you.
oscdimg.exe –l<Disc_Label> -m -u2 –b<path_of_bootable_img_file> <path_of_installation_source> <path_with_filename_is_to_be_created>
Above was the params that tool need to create the yet cool bootable ISO image.
oscdimg.exe –l MyLovelyDisk -m -u2 –b d:\windows8ISO d:\Windows-extracted d:\Cracked-disk.iso
Waited few minutes. I thought of having a coffee meanwhile but it was late and mom would have scold me for that, so I kept silently looking “The Black Screen”, and not letting even the universe to disturb my laptop while doing such an invaluable task. 10 minutes of long wait, my ISO file was ready at last. Without wasting a single second I burned it to a disk. Waiting waiting waiting again….my disk came out of the writer. I treated the disk as a new girlfriend and again inserted it into and finally rebooted my system.
rebooting… :(
rebooting… :/
rebooting… :/
rebooting… :/
rebooting… :/
rebooted… :)
And yeah! windows 8 starts loading. Sticking my eyes on the screen as the  windows load, the point came where it asks for key.
Freaking awesome!! It skipped the tense step. Then windows 8 installation initiated. Plugged in some data and bang, installation started. It finished like in no time and then…started Life in the Metro.
Share this post

1 comments

:) :-) :)) =)) :( :-( :(( :d :-d @-) :p :o :>) (o) [-( :-? (p) :-s (m) 8-) :-t :-b b-( :-# =p~ :-$ (b) (f) x-) (k) (h) (c) cheer

 
© 2013 Neelesh Vishwakarma
Posts RSS Comments RSS
Back to top